CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 22, 2010

Taking of the first Layer

This is a HUGE thing for me!! I think I have always been fairly open about feeling fat....but have never shared the details. So be warned, this is the cold hard truth about just how fat I am. Even when shopping, I tell the ladies trying to help me I don't know what my size is, when in fact, I do.

But first some background info. Let's take a journey back 10 years ago. I had just graduated from high school and weighed all of 105 lbs. Then I went off to school and couldn't afford to eat anything but baked potatoes and pasta. Who knew that even though I was getting up at 5 to go to kick boxing, the carbs would add to my weight!!??!! By the time I met my husband I was only about 120-130 -not too bad for my height. Truth be told, at 105 I was probably under weight..but man did I have a cute little butt! :) Anyway, when I was pregnant with my first baby, I gained 85 lbs taking me well over 200lbs!! For real, I was HUGE. I retained so much water it was crazy! I lost most of it though. Then I had my second baby and didn't gain as much, only like 60lbs, I think. I decided with this pregnancy I wasn't going to look at the scale- too depressing. I lost the initial 25ish pounds of water leaving the hospital leaving my weight around 185ish lbs. Funny story- I had been weighing myself in our bedroom on the carpet and was shocked that I had lost 40lbs with out any effort. Strange though that my clothes weren't fitting any differently. So when I went into the hospital for a surgery I had I was so disappointed to find that I had NOT lost anything. It's just that the carpet was absorbing the weight! :(

So here we are today, 4 years and 3 months after having baby number 2 and I have not lost much! When I started working out (and for the longest time) I have been at a shocking 182lbs! There is a little light at the beginning of this tunnel though. I have been going to the gym 2-3 times a week (depending on when my husband works) and have actually lost 2 lbs!! Its a slow start, but a start none the less!!

Later on today, I will post my measurements (be prepared to be shocked!) If you knew me in my skinny life, these measurements are HUGE!! And I will try to post some pictures of my former skinny self and some on my journey getting fat! ;)

I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little bit and really hope that I can maybe help motivate someone else along their way to weight loss too!

2 comments:

So In Love said...

I was the same. When I married James I was only 103 lbs, and thats way small for my height..lol. So I totally understand where you are coming from. I wish you the best in your journey :)

mamajena said...

Thanks! If you ever want to come work out, just give me a call! We go on the guys days off at 8 for like an hour and a half! We would love to have you come!! I go with Chan's wife.

Post a Comment