CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You Just had a Baby, it's OK....

Well it has been forever since I blogged. But I'm back at it....kind of. I guess a better description would be that I'm getting back at it! I'll give a quick update and then get down to business!

Since I last blogged and exercised, I had a beautiful baby girl! She came in September weighing in at 8lbs 14 oz and 20 1/2 inches long! And since she was born via C-Section, I had to wait 6 whole weeks to start exercising. I did do what I was able to get a way with- including long walks through the halls while I was in the hospital and short walks when I got home. I was so ready to start some real work. but I knew better than to over do it; so I behaved! I should also note that during this pregnancy I only gained 34lbs!! My first two were 85 and 65, so this was very exciting for me. And even more exciting was the fact that at my two week check up I had lost all but 5lbs! This was extremely encouraging to me! Also encouraging was the fact that I was fitting into some of my prepregnancy clothes...but not others (this was extremely discouraging though and I din't understand at all!) All of this combined, made me extremely eager to get to the gym!

My plan was to hit the gym precisely on my 6 week mark. However, if any of you have ever had a newborn baby, you know that plans don't always go as planned. And the night before, I was up feeding baby all night long....I think it was 4 times that night and usually we only got up twice. Sleep deprivation kept me in bed sleeping when baby slept. I was able to go the next day though. And it felt SOOO good! I also had my great friend Tiffany get me some measurements.

November 1, 2011 - January 12, 2011(last time I measured)
Chest: 41 1/2 - 39
Stomach: 43 - 38
Hips: 47 1/2 - 44 1/4
Right thigh: 28 1/2 - 27
Left thigh: 27 1/2 - 27 1/2

Ok, let's talk numbers. The only one that really doesn't bother me is the chest. I mean, who doesn't want to be a little bustier!?! Funny story...right after high school I was doing a breast exam and freaked out a little bit because I thought I felt a lump. So I made an appointment with the doctor to get it checked out. After looking me over, the doctor kindly told me that I was so small I was feeling ligaments!! WOW!! So I'll take a bigger bust, even if it is only because they are full of milk! LOL!!

Alright, back to my numbers. I was really encouraged and discouraged at the same time at how rapid the pounds came off after I delivered. I just didn't understand why I could only fit into few of my non maternity items. And after seeing my numbers I have to remind myself that I did just have a baby so while the pounds came off, all of the inches did not. And I have to remind myself of this often. So I am still wearing my maternity jeans and nursing tops, and some maternity tops (the smaller ones aren't too big...well they really are; so I only wear them if I'm not leaving the house.)

After getting to go to the gym 3 times, I got a cold. I haven't been for about 2 weeks now, but I am finally about over it. And I am anxious for next week to get here so I can start back up. But...I do have my pilates machine my sweet husband bought me, that I might just get out if I can get some things cleaned up this morning. Wish me luck on my new journey!! I have a lot to do! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment