CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This is Going to be Really Hard!!

I had convinced myself early in this pregnancy that I wasn't going to gain any weight. But when I realized how unrealistic that was- especially since I had gained so much with my first two. So I decided that 15-20 lbs. would be okay.

I actually really struggled with it when I was first pregnant. I was very sick- horribly nauseated only vomiting when I had avoided it so long that I would just explode! And then the next two days were horrible. I was first prescribed Zofran because it doesn't make you drowsy. But that did absolutely NOTHING! So then I got some Phenergan and it didn't do anything either. By this point, I thought I would never make it through this pregnancy. I was so nauseated, I could hardly even get out of bed. And I wouldn't eat or drink much of anything. I think that part of it was because I was so nauseated, but a big part of me was terrified to eat. Because if I eat, then I will gain weight. I know it is crazy and probably irrational. But it went on for about a month and a half. Then my doctor had me start rotating medicines, so I was taking phenergan or zofran every 3 hours. It helped a little. Mostly at first, it just took the edge off so I could function as a person and get out of bed. Now, I am actually feeling a little better. I still have horrible days, but it seems to be getting better. (which it NEVER did with my first 2)

I even felt good enough today to go to the gym. I had a good workout, although I did feel a little light headed. I didn't push hard like I had been doing, just went at a nice brisk pace, never letting my heart rate get above 132.

The worst part though, was when I weighed myself. I knew I shouldn't have done it. But I was silly and thought I could handle it. Boy was I wrong. When saw that I had gained 6lbs. I about freaked out right there. I know I am pregnant and on average, I should have gained about that much by now. But I really haven't eaten much in the last 3 months. But then on the other side, I have just laid around doing nothing. But it is very hard for me to accept.

I thought that I could see my weight gain so that I could blog about it, but now I'm not so sure. I don't know that I am that strong. I will have to do what I did last time and that is to not look at the scale at all. I did that with my second baby and I gained 20 lbs less. My husband looked, but I never did. I will have to do that again this time.

I am going to try really hard tho, to keep going to the gym like I did today. I'm a little shaky and light headed still. But I think I'm just dehydrated. So here's to hopin' that I don't gain a lot of weight over the next 6 months and that I stay healthy and active!!

1 comments:

CK Morgan said...

if you can't make it to the gym, come on over and we can walk around the neighborhood...
so sorry Jena! Let me know when I can babysit :) Good for you for fighting through all this!

Post a Comment