CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Successes and New Challenges

So it has been a really long time since I have posted anything. But it was for good reason- I am pregnant!!! Yay! In May it would have been 3 years since we started trying! So we are very happy.

It has been a very bittersweet happiness as I have been so incredibly sick. At first I thought I had caught my brother's cold- I was stuffy, had lots of nasal drainage, upset stomach. All very common with a cold, but also with pregnancy.

I remember the night I found out. My husband was at work and my kiddos were in bed. I spent the evening cleaning like crazy and even shampooed our carpets. I was a day late. I didn't think I was pregnant since I had stopped my fertility medicine 2 months before and according to the ovulation test, I did not ovulate. I decided to just take a test to get it over with. (then I could start my provera to get me to start a period.) To my complete surprise, the test said Positive!! I was so excited!! I wanted to wait to tell my husband- I wanted to do something cute like make him pink and blue cupcakes- but if you know me, you know I can't keep a secret like that for long!! So I called him at work and told him!! And I took another test the next morning to confirm. And it was Positive too!!

And here I am almost 2 months later (I was 4 weeks along when I found out) and about to start my second trimester. Getting here has felt like forever. The nausea and vomiting has been so horrible that I have to take phenergen and zofran every three hours- alternating of course. Exercising has always been in the back of my mind and something I hope to get to start again. But thus far, it has been a NO WAY!!

I actually had a time set to go last week, but a foul smell from the refrigerator (everything stinks to me!!) knocked me out for most of the day. It was horrible! I even had to leave the room when a friend took the lid off the chocolate chocolate chip cookies!! Anyway, I was going to go, but that did me in. And the rest of the week wasn't much better either. :(

I will save this for a later blog, but this has been a really scary and emotional time for me. I have been on quite a roller coaster. I am absolutely terrified of gaining weight! But I will talk about that later!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment