CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

I Commited the Worst Crime Ever! and Then Some...

Wow, it's been a long time since I have been on here! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas break! I know my family sure did!!

But now onto business. I had quite an emotional week this week as I went back to visit my family. Well, not really emotional, but I had a hard time a couple of times....that is when I had to see my sister again...you know the one who called me fat and lazy. Well the first time, I had just gotten back from the gym (yes, I did still work out on my christmas break! The week I spent with family I went to 1 contact kickboxing class and the gym twice!! I am so proud! And that doesn't include my workouts before we left either! I have been very good!). She was supposed to be coming to my mom's house to pick up her kids. I was a nervous wreck. My stomach was all tied in knots. I was actually trying to avoid her. But I was really nervous to see her. Then she didn't end up coming. That was a sigh of relief; except that that meant that I would have still have to see her at the Christmas party later in the week. And when that came, I was nervous again. I had to wear just the right thing. And I couldn't look fat. I had to look like I had lost something (which I still don't know as I still haven't measured myself! I know, I know, I know!!). I ended up wearing some cute pants (a size smaller...but they have always fit, so that really doesn't count) and a sweater I always feel cute in. And then my sister got there. And boy was she the pot callin the kettle black!! I know that she has been working out a lot, but you sure couldn't tell!! For which I was glad! I think you can tell I have been, but not much! And I was very pleased until we took a picture and in my grey sweater, you could see my pooch a little bit. Thankfully pictures can be cropped!!

Now, onto my crime! Yesterday I was getting dressed and since I haven't unpacked still, didn't have much to pick from in my closet. I picked a pair of jeans that fit sometimes and sometimes they don't. I figured after all of my working out, they were sure to fit! Boy was I wrong!! I put them on, zipped and buttoned them and I had a huge muffin top! Extremely disappointed and discouraged I opted for a pair of leggings and a dress- much more comfortable anyway. And then my husband got out of the shower and put on a pair of jeans (that I must have shrunk because they are the same as another pair he had been wearing earlier in the week) and the same thing happened to him. And I laughed at him! Me of all people knows how it feels to put on a pair of jeans that should fit but don't...it had just happened. And I knew exactly how it felt!! But I laughed at him anyway and really hurt his feelers. Really I wasn't laughing at him though. I was laughing at the coincidence of what had happened. For anyone who knows my husband, he is not fat. He has only gone up 1 pant size in the entire time I have known him (over 10 years!!) I don't know how many people can make that claim. Well, maybe more than I think. But I wish I could!!

I am feeling a little frusterated though. I really have been working so hard on exercising. I have my routine and I make it happen (not today though as I am sick). I know that if I don't go as soon as I wake up in the morning I won't make it at all. So I stick to it. Heck, I even make it work on my vacation. But I am stuck at losing 3-4lbs depending on the day. And all of my clothes still fit me the same way. I am really starting to think it is my diet holding me back. But I just don't know how to make anything that woudn't be considered a casserole. I could really use some yummy healthy ideas if anyone has any (that is if it doesn't include fish!!). Thanks!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment